High Point Medical Center surpasses $150,000 goal for the 2015 GiveStrong! Change Lives Employee Giving Campaign!
More than 660 co-workers and medical staff from High Point Medical Center generously combined efforts to raise over $150,000 during a four week GiveStrong! Fundraising Campaign with gifts ranging from $1 to more than $1,000.
“We are incredibly proud of our employees and medical staff. This truly says a lot about the pride they share for this organization. The contributions received will positively impact several important patient care services at High Point Medical Center” said Denise Potter, Vice President, Foundation/Public Relations & Marketing.
The GiveStrong! Employee Giving Campaign has raised over $585,000 since its inception five years ago. Employee donations will be distributed directly to five different hospital beneficiaries: Area of Greatest Need, Diabetes Patient Scholarship Fund, Inpatient Pediatrics Fund, Patient Special Needs and Project Care. Employees were given the option of designating where they would like their contribution to go.
• Area of Greatest Need Fund: Provides financial support to important patient care programs, services and technology that have the greatest need throughout the organization.
• Diabetes Patient Scholarship Fund: Provides critically needed educational services to uninsured diabetic patients who would otherwise be unable to participate in this health care service at High Point Medical Center Diabetes Health & Wellness Center.
• Inpatient Pediatrics Fund: Provides financial support for specific priority needs to up-fit the new Inpatient Pediatrics Unit and assist with ongoing needs.
• Patient Special Needs: This fund is for patients who are identified by social work to be in a crisis situation and have an immediate need for support.
• Project C.A.R.E.: This fund assists co-workers who experience a catastrophic emergency.
“The GiveStrong! Employee Giving Campaign is one of the many ways High Point Medical Center co-workers and physicians show their commitment to the community and give back,” said President and CEO, Ernie Bovio. “I am extremely thankful for and impressed by the dedicated, hardworking members of our High Point Medical Center family who donated a record amount to the GiveStrong! Campaign.”
For more information on fundraising programs and events, contact the High Point Medical Center Foundation at (336) 878-6011 or visit HighPointRegionalHealthFoundation.com