High Point Medical Center Offers Volunteer Opportunities to High School Students
High Point, NC — PATH (Promoting the Advancement of Teens in Health care) is an opportunity for high school students to partner with staff throughout the health system and experience a real work environment. Volunteering promotes service consciousness in the community and teaches skills for the workplace.
What does the PATH Program offer?
- Introduces students to the health system through challenging volunteer opportunities and educational activities.
- Links students with health care professionals who will provide guidance and serve as mentors.
- Provides career exploration and shadowing opportunities.
- Promotes and fosters self-esteem, healthy lifestyles, character and service consciousness.
- Provides interactive Hot Topic sessions related to health care.
The number of openings for the PATH program is limited. Only 75 students will be accepted, including students from the previous summer.
New students and returning students from PATH 2015 must complete an application which will be available on the hospital website beginning January 1.
Due to the overwhelming response from students in the community, applicants must submit all information by Friday, January 29, 2016.
All teens must be at least 14 by June 1 and entering ninth grade.
Visit the website at www.HighPointRegional.com
for criteria and application information.
For questions, call the Contact Center at (336) 878-6888.