Emergency Department Treating Heat Related Illnesses
The Emergency Department at High Point Regional Health System is seeing an increase in heat related visits.
“So far this week, our emergency department has treated five different patients who have come in with heat related illness,” said Meg Cashion, Emergency Department manager
at High Point Regional. “These temperatures are very dangerous.”
To help stay safe during these high temperatures, High Point Regional encourages everyone to:
- Stay inside where it is cool, when possible
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water
- Avoid alcohol
- If working outside, work early in the morning or late afternoon
- Avoid the middle of the day when temperatures are the highest
- Check on family or neighbors who are sick or elderly to make sure they have fluids and are staying cool
- Never leave children or pets in a car since they’re more prone to heat related injuries.
Chad Campbell (336) 878-6200
High Point Regional Health System